U.S. Embassy Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
Message for U.S. Citizens
(July 8, 2022)
Location: Republic of Congo
Event: On Sunday, July 10th, the Republic of Congo will hold legislative and municipal elections throughout the country. Businesses will be closed. Security forces and roadblocks will be deployed. Traffic will be restricted to authorized vehicles only. Airports will be closed from 0600-1800. Internet and SMS messaging may be blocked, and disruption of phone communications remains possible. We are telling Embassy staff to avoid driving and stay at home on Sunday, July 10.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid unnecessary travel and remain at or close to home on Sunday, July 10;
- Comply with police checkpoints if encountered;
- Monitor local media for updates; and
- Contact the Embassy or the Bureau of Consular Affairs using the contact information below for assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Brazzaville, Boulevard Denis Sassou Nguesso, Brazzaville, +(242) 06 612 20 00 or +(242) 06 612 20 10, BrazzavilleACS@state.gov;
- State Department – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444;
- Republic of Congo Country Information;
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook