United States Embassy, Brazzaville
U.S. citizens should avoid the southern Pool region and the southern areas of Brazzaville because of ongoing security operations. U.S. Citizens should remain vigilant; avoid large gatherings and areas where there is a heavy security presence. U.S. citizens should carry proper identification, including a copy of their U.S. passport.
Citizens should review their personal security plans, remain aware of surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Congo.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Brazzaville, located at 70-83 Boulevard Denis Sassou Nguesso, Brazzaville, Congo, at +242-06-612-2000, 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. from Monday – Thursday; 8.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (+242) 06-612-2010.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.