A political rally has been announced starting at 12pm on Sunday, September 27th on Boulevard Alfred Raoul in Brazzaville.Transportation in the area may be disrupted and a large security presence is likely, the U.S. Embassy would like to remind all US citizens to be highly vigilant about personal security.Remain aware of your surroundings and local events by monitoring international and national media outlets for updates.Take all appropriate steps to enhance your personal security, including avoiding areas of demonstrations.Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Liberia.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Brazzaville, located at 70-83 Boulevard Denis Sassu Nguesso, Brazzaville, Congo, at +242-06-612-200, 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. from Monday – Thursday; 8.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (+242) 06-612-2010.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
A political rally has been announced starting 12pm on Sunday, September 27th on Boulevard Alfred Raoul in Brazzaville. Transportation in the Area may be disrupted and large security presence is likely. The U.S Embassy reminds U.S citizens to take all appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.The Consular section can be reached via e-mail at BrazzavilleACS@state.gov, during the day at (+242) 06 612-2000, and after-hours at (+242) 06 612-2010.