Republic of the Congo – Level 3: Reconsider Travel C H
Reconsider travel to the Republic of the Congo due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution due to crime.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Republic of the Congo due to COVID-19, indicating a high level of COVID-19 in the country. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 and related restrictions and conditions in Republic of the Congo.
Country Summary: While not common, violent crime, such as armed robbery and assault, remains a concern throughout the Republic of the Congo.
The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens outside Brazzaville. U.S. government employees must use two vehicles to travel to the Pool region. They are also restricted to beaches adjacent to their hotels in Pointe Noire due to crime.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the Republic of the Congo:
- See the S. Embassy’s webpage regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Use caution when walking or driving at night. Always carry a copy of your U.S. passport and visa (if applicable). Keep original documents in a secure location.
- Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for the Republic of the Congo.
- Have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- S. Embassy Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo phone number (242) 06 612-2000 , BrazzavilleACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Republic of Congo Country Information Congo-Brazzaville Country Specific Information
- Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter