U.S. Embassy Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
Message for U.S. Citizens – Runoff Elections
(July 27, 2022)
Location: Republic of Congo
Event: On Sunday, July 31st, the Republic of Congo will hold legislative and municipal runoff elections throughout the country. Businesses will be closed, and security forces and roadblocks will be deployed. Traffic will be restricted to authorized vehicles only. Airports and borders are expected to be closed. We are requiring Embassy staff to avoid unnecessary driving, and advising our staff to stay at home Sunday, July 31.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid unnecessary travel and remain at or close to home on Sunday, July 31;
- Comply with police checkpoints if encountered;
- Monitor local media for updates; and
- Contact the Embassy or the Bureau of Consular Affairs using the contact information below for questions.
- U.S. Embassy Brazzaville, Boulevard Denis Sassou Nguesso, Brazzaville, +(242) 06 612 20 00 or +(242) 06 612 20 10, BrazzavilleConsular@state.gov;
- State Department – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444;
- Republic of Congo Country Information; and
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.