Location: Republic of Congo
Event: On March 18, 2020, the Congolese Ministry of Health confirmed three cases of COVID-19 in the Republic of Congo.
The government of Congo has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. All passengers, including passengers in transit, coming from France, People’s Republic of China, South Korea, Iran, and Italy will be quarantined upon arrival and release after fourteen (14) days if they test negative to the virus. Passengers testing positive will receive treatment.
The government of Congo has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Schools, churches, cinemas, festivals and open air restaurants are closed until further notice. Direct flights from at-risk countries are canceled as of March 19 and all other airlines companies are canceling their flights to Congo as well.
Effective March 18, U.S. Embassy Brazzaville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Congo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Brazzaville, Congo
- 70-83 Section D
- Maya-Maya Boulevard
- +(242) 06 612 20 00 or +(242) 06 612 20 10
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.