Location: Republic of Congo
Event: On March 21, 2020, In response to Covid-19, the Republic of Congo closed its borders.
The government of The Republic of Congo (ROC) has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. All international passenger flights are suspended. As of March 21, 2020 The Republic of Congo closed its borders.
We are considering all options to assist U.S. citizens in ROC. Continue to monitor the U.S. Embassy’s website https://cg.usembassy.gov/ for updates. Email BrazzavilleACS@state.gov if you have an urgent need to depart and would be interested in options to leave if they become available. For each member of your group, please include: (1) name as it appears on passport, (2) date of birth, (3) U.S. passport number, (4) telephone number and WhatsApp number, (5) current location, and (6) special medical or other considerations.
All U.S. citizens in ROC should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain at home in ROC for an extended period of time.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Brazzaville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information https://cg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Email BrazzavilleACS@state.govif you would be interested in departing DRC if an option becomes available
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://cg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in The Republic of Congo
- Visit theDepartment of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- S. Embassy Brazzaville,
- 70-83 Section D
- Maya-Maya Boulevard
- Brazzaville, Congo
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.