The government of The Republic of Congo extended a State of Health Emergency until July 30 to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The suspension of international passenger flights remains in effect, and Congolese borders remain closed. Domestic passenger flights and road traffic may resume nationwide.
The curfew is implemented from 22:00 until 05:00.
Masks are still required in public and social distancing and hygiene requirements will continue.
All U.S. citizens in ROC should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain at home in ROC for an extended period.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Brazzaville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice. For more information, visit the CDC’s website.
Actions to Take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in The Republic of Congo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Brazzaville,
70-83 Section D
+(242) 06 612 20 00 or +(242) 06 612 20 10
State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.