The government of The Republic of Congo extended a State of Health Emergency until July 11 to limit the spread of COVID-19. The suspension of international passenger flights remains in effect, and Congolese borders remain closed.
As of June 23, the curfew will be from 22:00 until 05:00, hotels bars and restaurants will reopen. Domestic passenger flights and road traffic will resume nationwide. Religious services will resume. The Embassy notes that, out of continued caution, its American staff and their family members are still required to stay at home for all but essential trips for food and medical care. Embassy staff and families may not visit restaurants, bars, or places of worship, and may not participate in public events of any size. All U.S. citizens in ROC should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain at home in ROC for an extended period.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Brazzaville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice. For more information, visit the CDC’s website.
Actions to Take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in The Republic of Congo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Brazzaville
70-83 Section D
+(242) 06 612 20 00 or +(242) 06 612 20 10
State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.