Event: U.S. Citizens Requesting Assistance to Depart the Republic of Congo
Due to Covid 19, international flights are suspended, and borders remain closed. The U.S. Embassy is working to identify transportation options for U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents seeking to return to the United States and is working on a new list.
If you would still be interested in departing after March 30, please send the following information for each member of your group to our new email address:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Citizenship (only for Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S.)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- WhatsApp number
You will receive a response if and when travel options become available. In the meantime, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates from the U.S. Embassy Brazzaville. All passengers must have valid passports and documentation to enter the United States.
All U.S. citizens in ROC should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain at home in ROC for an extended period of time.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Brazzaville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information https://cg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Email BrazzavilleUSCitizen@state.govif you would be interested in departing ROC if an option becomes available.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://cg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in The Republic of Congo
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Brazzaville,
70-83 Section D
+(242) 06 612 20 00 or +(242) 06 612 20 10
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.