The government of The Republic of Congo extended a State of Health Emergency until November 6 to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The Congolese air borders remain open for international flights. International air carriers are resuming some services into and from Brazzaville and Pointe-Noire. These measures may change without notice. Please check with your airline before travelling (#)for up to date regulations.
Inbound passengers must present a negative COVID-19 test from within 72 hours of departure upon arrival.
Outbound passengers requiring testing can go to:
- Brazzaville : Laboratoire National de Sante Publique or Fondation Congolaise de la Recherche Medicale.
- Pointe-Noire: National Public Health Laboratory located at: Hôpital General de Loandili or Laboratoire de la foundation Gombes.
Please check our Covid page for the latest information on quarantine. https://cg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Passengers in transit will be quarantined at their expense at designated facilities until they resume their travels.
Since September 28, the curfew remains from 23:00 until 05:00 in Brazzaville and Pointe-Noire. It is lifted for the rest of the country.
Masks are still required in public and social distancing and hygiene requirements continue. Law enforcement units may fine or arrest people who are found non-compliant.
All U.S. citizens in ROC should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain at home in ROC for an extended period.
Visa services remain suspended. On October 5, the Embassy resumed processing passport applications and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (C.R.B.A.) for American citizens. These services are provided by appointment only, please schedule an appointment on our embassy website: https://cg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/.
For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email us at BrazzavilleACS@State.gov or visit our website for additional information https://cg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
For more information, visit the CDC’s website.
Actions to Take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://cg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/for information on conditions in The Republic of Congo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Brazzaville,
70-83 Section D
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.