Heavy gunfire was reported south of Brazzaville. The U.S. Embassy in Brazzaville recommends U.S. citizens shelter in place. The U.S. Embassy in Brazzaville expects to have limited operations and reduced staffing on Monday, April 4.
Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
The Embassy is limiting its operations and canceling routine Consular Services in light of the ongoing threat. Emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Brazzaville Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Brazzaville, located at Boulevard Denis Sassou Nguesso, Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo, at +(242) 06-612-2000, 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(242) 06-612-2010.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.