U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
U.S. EMBASSY BRAZZAVILLE PUBLIC AFFAIRS SECTION
Annual Program Statement
Funding Opportunity Title: U.S. Embassy Brazzaville PAS Request for Statements of Interest: Annual Program Statement
Funding Opportunity Number: PAS – 001-FY21-00
Deadline for Applications: 09/25/2021
CFDA Number: 19.040 – Public Diplomacy Programs
Total Amount Available: $ 60000
Miimum/Maximum for Each Award: $1,000 -$20,000
This notice is subject to availability of funding.
- PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
The U.S. Embassy Brazzaville Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State announces a Request for Statements of Interest (RSOI) from organizations and individuals seeking funding for projects which support U.S. Mission Brazzaville’s strategic goals.
- Strengthening the bilateral relationship between the U.S. of the Government of the
Republic of the Congo (GROC),
2. Increasing economic growth and diversity in the ROC, and
3. Empowering Congolese youth with the 21st century knowledge and skills they need for a bright future.
PAS hereby invites individuals and organizations interested in potential funding to submit Statement Of Interest (SOI) applications outlining program concepts that reflect these priorities. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Upon review of eligible SOIs, PAS will invite selected applicants to expand their ideas into full proposal applications, and to come to the Embassy to discuss their project in person. If the proposal is not selected, the applicant will be informed within 30 days of receipt of the proposal.
Examples of proposals PAS is seeking include but are not limited to academic and professional lectures, seminars and speaker programs; artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions; programs with American spaces; and cultural heritage conservation and preservation programs.
The following types of programs are examples of ideas that are not eligible for funding: programs relating to partisan political activity, programs that support specific religious activities, and charitable or development activities.
- ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from Congolese individuals, nonprofit and
government educational institutions, registered nonprofit organizations, and government
institutions. For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION INFORMATION
The U.S. Embassy Brazzaville Public Affairs Section will accept proposals until 09/25/2021. All
application materials must be submitted by email to PASBrazza@state.gov. Please follow all
instructions below carefully. SOIs that do not meet the requirements of this announcement or fail
to comply with the stated requirements will be ineligible.
Format of Application
The SOI clearly addresses the goals and objectives of this funding opportunity
● All documents are in English
● All budgets are in U.S. dollars
● All pages are numbered
● All documents are formatted to 8 ½ x 11 paper, and
● All Microsoft Word documents are single-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, with
a minimum of 1-inch margins.
Content of Application
Name of the organization
● The total amount of funding requested from PAS, total amount of cost-share (if any), and
total program amount (PAS funds + cost-share)
● Program length
● A synopsis of the program, including a brief statement on how the program will have a
demonstrated impact and engage relevant stakeholders
● A concise breakdown explicitly identifying the program’s objectives and the activities
and expected results that contribute to each objective
● A brief description of the applicant(s) that demonstrates the applicant(s) expertise and
capacity to implement the program and manage a U.S. government award