Event: On Friday October 25, the remains of Mrs. Louise Ongagna, General’s Mokoko’s mother are scheduled to arrive at Maya Maya International Airport after 14:00 in preparation for her funeral and burial on Saturday at the Brazzaville downtown cemetery. On Friday the embassy will close at 12:30 as usual and personnel will depart no later than 13:00. Due to the expectation of heavy crowds throughout the city center on Saturday from 10:00 to 16:00, U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid those areas during these hours.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large crowds and possible demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Use caution in the noted areas.
- Remain alert for potentially dangerous situations.
- U.S. Embassy Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo
+(242) 06 612 20 00 or +(242) 06 612 20 10
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.