Last updated: 09/26/2022
***Passengers are NOT required to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 to board an aircraft destined to the United States. However CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
- The Republic of Congo has confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 14, 2020. As of July 17, 2022 there were 24 690 confirmed cases, 23 875 recoveries, 406 active cases and 386 confirmed deaths.
- The Congolese air borders opened on August 24, 2020 for international flights. International air carriers are resuming some services into and from Brazzaville and Pointe-Noire.
- Land and river borders opened on March 1, 2022.
- Places of worship, schools, restaurants and bars are open.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the Republic of Congo? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- For information on limited humanitarian exemptions, please review the following page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/requirements-for-air-travelers-to-the-us.html. Humanitarian exemptions to this order will be granted on an extremely limited basis and will only be considered when the country of departure lacks adequate COVID-19 testing capacity. To submit information in support of an exemption, email BrazzavilleConsular@state.gov
- Outbound passengers requiring testing can go to: Brazzaville
- National public health laboratory, Laboratoire National de Santé Publique located in front of the people’s palace; and
- Congolese Foundation for Medical Research Fondation Congolaise de la Recherche Médicale. located at the city of research, château-d ’eau district (ex ORSTOM).
- Branch of National Public Health Laboratory located inside the Loandjili general hospital; and
- Gombes Foundation laboratory, Laboratoire de la foundation Gombe’s located in the city center.
- Laboratory of the infectious and tropical pathologies research center of the general hospital (CREPIT) Edith Lucie Bongo Ondimba.
- The days and times for testing and test results are as follows
- Testing (all sites): From Monday to Saturday, from 0800 to 1000.
- Results will be available online at www.Insp-cg.org.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Has the government of the Republic of Congo approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in the Republic of Congo for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in the Republic of Congo? Sinopharm, Sputnik V, Sputnik Light and Johnson & Johnson (uni dose)
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
- For further updated information , please contact the Public Health Emergency Center ( Centre des Opérations d’Urgences de Santé Publique ) firstname.lastname@example.org [note: French speaking only]
- Information from the CDC regarding COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- A mandatory rapid test (RT-PCR) is no longer required at the international airports upon arrival for all incoming passengers since March 1.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? NO
- Passengers testing positive upon their arrival and those arriving from countries with a high variant concentration will be quarantined at their expense. (Note : List of countries subject to change)
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- Masks are still required in public and social distancing and hygiene requirements continue to be implemented.
Fines for Non-Compliance:
- Law enforcement units may fine or arrest people who are found non-compliant.
- Embassy Brazzaville has resumed processing passport applications and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (C.R.B.A.) for American citizens. These services are provided by appointment only, please schedule an appointment on our embassy website. https://cg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/ or contact BrazzavilleConsular@state.gov for assistance.
- Routine visa services remain suspended. Please monitor our website.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://cg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in The Republic of Congo.