Last updated: 05/04/2023
As of May 11, Nonimmigrant air passengers no longer need to show proof of being fully vaccinated with an accepted COVID-19 vaccine to board a flight to the United States. CDC’s Amended Order Implementing Presidential Proclamation on Safe Resumption of Global Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic will no longer be in effect when the Presidential Proclamation Advancing the Safe Resumption of Global Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic is revoked (Please see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html.)
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No.
- Where and how can U.S. citizens obtain a COVID-19 test?
- National public health laboratory, Laboratoire National de Santé Publique, located in front of the people’s palace; and
- Congolese Foundation for Medical Research Fondation Congolaise de la Recherche Médicale, located at the city of research, château-d ’eau district (ex ORSTOM).
- Branch of National Public Health Laboratory, located inside the Loandjili general hospital; and
- Gombes Foundation laboratory, Laboratoire de la foundation Gombe’s, located in the city center.
- Laboratory of the infectious and tropical pathologies research center of the general hospital (CREPIT) Edith Lucie Bongo Ondimba.
- The days and times for testing and test results are as follows:
- Testing (all sites): From Monday to Saturday, from 0800 to 1000.
- Results will be available online at www.Insp-cg.org.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Are vaccines available in Republic Congo for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccinesin the United States.