Event: Health Alert: Covid 19- Government Requires Negative Covid-19 Test Results
The government of The Republic of Congo announced that inbound and transit passengers need to present upon arrival a Covid-19 test result less than 5-day-old to gain entry.
Passengers with negative test-results will be tested again upon arrival at a designated location before being released to quarantine at home for 14 days.
Passengers arriving without a negative test result will be quarantined at government-designated facility upon arrival and tested within 48 hours. If the results of that test are negative, passengers will be released and allowed to self-quarantine at their house. If the results are positive, passengers will be directed to a treatment facility.
Passengers in transit will be quarantined at their expense at designated facilities until they resume their travels.
These measures may change without notice. Please check with your airline before travelling.
The suspension of international passenger flights remains in effect, and Congolese borders remain closed. The government is planning to re-open the borders on Aug 20 if adequate health measures are in place by that time.
Since July 28, the curfew regressed from 22:00 to 20:00 until 05:00 in Brazzaville and Pointe-Noire.
Masks are still required in public and social distancing and hygiene requirements continue. Law enforcement units may fine or arrest people who are found non-compliant.
All U.S. citizens in ROC should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain at home in ROC for an extended period.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Brazzaville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information https://cg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
For more information, visit the CDC’s website.
Actions to Take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://cg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/for information on conditions in The Republic of Congo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Brazzaville,
- 70-83 Section D
- Maya-Maya Boulevard
- Brazzaville, Congo
+(242) 06 612 20 00 or +(242) 06 612 20 10
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.