Event: Health Alert: Covid 19- Government Declares Home Confinement on December 25 and January 1.
In an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the government of the Republic of Congo extended a State of Health Emergency until January 5.
In addition, the government announced a home confinement on December 25 and January 1.
The government instituted a curfew throughout the country for December 24 and 31 running from 20:00 until 05:00 the following day.
Please check our Covid page for the latest information on quarantine. https://cg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Masks are still required in public and social distancing and hygiene requirements continue. Law enforcement units may fine or arrest people who are found non-compliant.
All U.S. citizens in ROC should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain at home in ROC for an extended period.
On October 5, the Embassy resumed processing passport applications and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (C.R.B.A.) for American citizens. These services are provided by appointment only, please schedule an appointment on our embassy website: https://cg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/.
For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email us at BrazzavilleACS@State.gov or visit our website for additional information https://cg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
For more information, visit the CDC’s website.
Actions to Take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://cg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/for information on conditions in The Republic of Congo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Brazzaville,
70-83 Section D
+(242) 06 612 20 00 or +(242) 06 612 20 10
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444