Event: Health Alert: Covid 19- Republic of Congo Confinement Restrictions extended until May 15
On April 30, the President of the Republic of Congo extended the public health state of emergency and maintained nationwide restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19 in the country until May10. The measures include:
- Confinement to homes, excepting essential employees until May 15.
- Prohibition again outside movement, except for essential activities.
- A nightly curfew from 8:00pm to 5:00am.
- Closure of stores, excepting those that sell food and essential items.
- General mobilization of the security and defense forces to implement the measures.
- Mandatory use of protective masks in public places
Congo security forces will patrol to ensure the new rules are followed. Borders, schools and universities remain closed, sporting events and gatherings are banned, bars and restaurants are closed until further notice.
We are considering all options to assist U.S. citizens in ROC. Continue to monitor the U.S. Embassy’s website https://cg.usembassy.gov/ for updates.
For questions, please Email BrazzavilleACS@state.gov.
We are compiling a list of persons seeking to leave ROC. If you would be interested in options to leave, please send the requested information to our email address: BrazzavilleUSCitizen@state.gov
All U.S. citizens in ROC should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain at home in ROC for an extended period of time.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Brazzaville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information https://cg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Email BrazzavilleUSCitizen@state.gov if you would be interested in departing ROC if an option becomes available.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://cg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/for information on conditions in The Republic of Congo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
ï U.S. Embassy Brazzaville,
ï 70-83 Section D
ï Maya-Maya Boulevard
ï Brazzaville, Congo
ï State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
ï Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.